We have put a list of care tips and tricks together to help keep your car running optimally. Follow these tips today!
1. Radiator and cooling system
Once the machine has cooled, you can remove the radiator cap and check the level in the radiator, too.
After checking the engine oil, it’s important to inspect other components of your car. While the bonnet is open, take a look at the hoses and pipes, particularly those connected to the radiator and heater.
Do it at least monthly. How to do it:
1. Situate your car on flat ground
2. To check the oil level in your car, start the engine and let it run for a short time. Once the engine is warm, it’s time to turn it off. After that, while the car is still warm, the next step is to remove the dipstick and wipe it clean with a clean cloth or tissue paper. Once it’s clean, reinsert the dipstick, making sure it’s completely inside to avoid any false readings. Once that’s done, remove the dipstick again and check the oil level. It’s important to note that if there isn’t any oil on your dipstick, don’t start the car!
Firstly, the correct tyre pressure for your auto can be found on the tyre, often located inside one of the car doors. In addition to this, it’s crucial to check the tread of all your tyres as part of regular vehicle maintenance. The legal minimum tread depth is 1.5 mm. Moreover, it’s important to inspect your tyres for any signs of abnormal wear and tear or damage.
4. Battery condition
Caution your battery is potentially dangerous, so do not check it near a flame or lit cigarette, as batteries produce an explosive gas when they charge. However, checking your battery frequently can save you from an unanticipated flat. By doing so, you can increase its lifetime.
Check that the clamps are tight on the battery outstations.
5. Transmission and power steering fluids
Low transmission and power steering fluid could indicate a bigger problem with your vehicle. Therefore, it’s important to regularly check the fluid levels in your car. The right way to check your power steering and transmission fluid position differs between makes and models, so it’s crucial to find out how to do it correctly. You can do this by referring to the proprietors primer or owner’s manual, which should provide step-by-step instructions on how to check and refill these fluids. By doing so, you can help ensure that your car runs smoothly and avoid costly repairs down the line.
6. Maintain your windscreen wipers and washer fluid
Fill your washer bottle with clean water and the right level of wasIf your wiper blades aren’t cleaning accordingly it needs to be replaced.
Test your headlights frequently, including your beams. Additionally, your vehicle reflection in a glass shopfront can be useful if you dont have someone to help you.
8. Keep an eye out for warnings
You’ll need to visit a mechanic as soon as possible if
A dashboard warning light remains on
Temperature gauge shows hot
Do you hear any unusual noises
Vehicle wanders or steers to one side
Leaves oil or coolant on the driveway
These are the care tips for your vehicle that will keep it in the best shape!
Read more articles like this, they will certainly help: https://wpmotors.co.za/news/